Google

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Putting in the Miles.............kinda

Now that daylight savings is a little under a month away, and the daylight lasts just past 5:30, I was able to get outside after work yesterday. Still not fully committed to training as of yet, its more like maintain mode still. Maybe once daylight savings rolls around and the temp is consistently above 30 deg's I will move into training mode. Hey I might even be able to get fast by August.

On a similar but different note, I was able to participate in two team rides this past weekend, Saturday I got out with my VC compadres for some miles, and pacelineing. We kept things on the mellow side given some of the fellers live up in the mountains and havent seen asphalt on the roads up there since October. On Sunday B-rent and I crashed a HART team escapade. My boy B-Huggins gave me a jingle earlier in the week, and let me know that they were planning on heading out into the plains on Sunday. The ride was a good effort, about 70 miles out to Kiowa and back over the rollie pollies and back. I don’t know which is worse, a 70 miles with a summit, or 70 miles with rollers, same amount of climbing, just no time for rhythm on dem der rolls. Super fun weekend, got my head back in the game, kinda...........

No comments: