Google

Monday, March 17, 2008

Back on the Pain Train

With the brains of the operation on travel again in DC, I have a little more time on my hands. So I decided it might be a good time to get back into the full swing of training. I was able to squeak out 14 hrs of ride time this past week, which was a shock to the system, from the 6-8 I've been doing over the last couple winter months. I also threw in some intensity for the first time this year. I hit Meridian on Thursday, and the Spoke ride on Saturday. My legs didn't revolt all to bad, but it did leave a mark. Saturday turned into a 1 hour warm up, to 1 hour group ride followed by 3.5 hour climbathon, capped off by a 1 hour cool down slog back home. Yup, 6.5 hours, sure made the day go by quick. The Big Hadji and Lloyd were along for the GR and the climb'n. The Hadji turned back at the base of Highgrade, and Lloyd stuck with it for the remainder of the festivities, despite a near bonk in the first 7 miles of the climb. I think the highlight of the day was the chick from the gas station in Conifer, who came out and smoked a cigarette outside where we were chill'n taking in some UV's. Nothing beats some good ol carbon monoxide in the lungs after a 2+hour climb. Na, it wasn't all that bad, we were up wind and in the warmest spot around. Who could blame her for wanting to chill with Lloyd, the kids a stud!

(pic's to come)

No comments: