Google

Friday, March 21, 2008

Puke and Go's again!

Holy Crapola, it was windy last night. After two decent days of high to moderate intensity, I decided to push my luck and go for a third. I figured I would go and hang as long as I could at the M-Train for a second night this week. The intention as always is attack until you go, or blow. Tueseday, there wasnt much attacking going on, it was hold on for dear life. Apparently something happened between Tuesday and Thursday, I don't know what it is, but I was able to attack the field, and on the third try opened a nice gap. Guys must have either been on cruise control, or the wind was taking its tole on peeps. Unfortunately after holding the gap for a couple minutes, things went from go to blow. Well that's what its all about, the M-Train is the best place for doing stupid stuff like that. Ended up just hang'n for 45 minutes of the hour, at that point I had enough intensity for the day and week. The legs are starting to recover quicker from really hard efforts as fitness going up, and I start gaining some form. A little recovery ride today, some moderate climbing on Saturday, and the Second Annual Double Dip, this year its gonna be the CU Crit where I will be racing the 3/4/5's, and hanging on for dear life in the p/1/2/3's, that should leave a mark.
Keep on Keep'n on!

2 comments:

Groover said...

Hi there. Found your blog through Mike. Good luck with your racing. Looking forward to some ardent race reporting …

Are you training with cts? I trained with the Carmichael dvd’s last winter. The TT one is tough and helped me to improve heaps.

Can you explain the US grading system? Here in Oz it’s A, B, C and D Grade at club level. Or Elite (up to 34 years) and then Masters 2 (35-39) Masters 3 (40-44) Master 4 (45 – 49) etc for Open races.

JT said...

I was with a CTS coach for 2 years, and progressed quite a bit. I would definately recomend them to anyone.

USCF Cat's are Pro, 1, 2, 3, 4, &5 in descending order of level.
Junior Racers are 0yrs to 17yrs in age.
Senior Racers are 18yrs to 34yrs, and Masters are 35yrs+

Thats it in a nutsheel, look forward to hearing from you again in the future! Keep on Rock'n in OZ....