Google

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Always Get A 2nd Opinion.........or 3rd

So I initially went to the knee doctor a couple of weeks ago to get clarification on some knee pain I had been experiencing for the last couple of months.  I had in initial consult with a doc who I will refer to as doc g-wiz, in the orthopedic unit.  After my meeting and some leg pulling (literally) doc g-wiz was ready to send me on my merry way with a pat on the back and a hand full of Tylenol.  I had to persuade this dude to take an MRI to see what was going on.  He gave in, and scheduled me for the imaging.  After the MRI, a week passes and I push to get some insight on the results of the imaging.  I finally get a call from doc g-wiz and was promptly informed that my left knee was missing some vital parts.  My reply was, how could I be without an ACL and have no instability issues with my leg?  Doc g-wiz replied~ g-wiz I don't know, lets get a real knee doc to look'y see.  The real knee doc had some more good news.  I believe it went something like this...... Son, you dun fuck'd up your knee.  Apparently somewhere along the line, I went Bo-Jackson on myself,  and I'm now standing on a degenerative knee.  Who'd a thunk it, I should have taken the Tylenol and shut up.

 

No comments: