Google

Friday, February 20, 2009

Random thoughts on ego....

Have you ever been a part of an organization, work environment, group or team that thinks, as a whole, they are more important than they really are?  If you didn't think, look, act or perform in a certain manner when interacting with the members of the organization, you were shunned, or worse your character was assassinated when you were not present.  I often wonder how ego's running rampant such as this, come about?  I have suffered from this ailment from time an again, however often times I am brought back down to earth by an event, or some other type or form of awakening.  I have found that, while ego feeding can seem to feel good on the surface, it doesn't really make me feel good inside.    There are a number of things that I can do which make me feel happy on the inside.  Sometimes I am aware of what I need to do, other times I am not.  I don't always do what I need to do, and do so willingly.  Happiness a journey, a continuous sign curve, it takes experience, awareness, and time.  I don't have much of the first, some of the second and plenty of the third.  I think I might be ok, if I stay out of my own way.  What makes your heart sing?

No comments: