Google

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I've lifted weights at the gym before.................. No really I have.

I just took a look at Novembers training schedule, and Im excited. The last month I've been getting in about 10-13 hrs a week on the bike and started hitting the weights. I didn't realize
how low impact cycling was until I did the first few weight sessions. My coach said we were going to ease into the weights with real light weight and only a couple of reps and easy on the sets. I didn't quite catch the ease into it, and of course I started with relatively light weight and 3-4 sets. I followed the weight sessions with some polymetrics (jumping around on boxes).
You know me all or nothing, no half measures.

I will always follow my coaches direction and get clarification if I do not understand the information he is communicating to me from now on. I hurt worse from lifting than I did after the Parker Omnium crash.

I've since healed and we have clearly defined ease into it. November is going to be 11 hrs +/- a week on the bike and 3 days with weights, with Core exercises on the non weight days.

Im going for the Tyrannosaurus Rex look..... You know huge lowerbody with little tiny arms. I was working out at the gym last night and I have to laugh at myself. I was on the bench doing presses, and these huge guys (who can lift 300lbs with each arm, but would croak after 3 minutes on the treadmill) were walking by with these smirk on their faces. It was probably because I was benching the bar only and my arms were shaking at that. I know I have muscles I can see them, they have just been on vacation for a while.

No comments: