Google

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What No Bike?

So 07 is in the books. Man, what a fun year. I finished the season with a 6th at the Parker Crit.......Mission Acomplished. I was hoping to finish the season with some points, and I've been flirting with the elusive top 6 for the last couple of races. Finally the last race of the year, I was able to sneak a point! Holy wow, I was able to meet all my goals for the year. Now its on to Transition........Hmm, first order of business, NO BIKE FOR A WEEK! Well almost a week, Saturday I am doing a Big Ass Mountain Ride Part II. So, NO BIKE UNTIL SATURDAY! So I let the air out of my tires, and brought my pumps to work. Yeah, take that see who's smart here!, as much as my bike is taunting me, Im not going to give in.

So Monday was day one with no bike. I was planning of going to Yoga at the gym, but my work schedule, and empty fridge prevented me from making the class on time. I opted to do some upper body weights. Now I remember the pain from last year when I started lifting after the season was over. So I went extremely light with the weights, and did some high reps. OUCH! Damn my shit is sore today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing, racing bikes all summer and Im totally out of shape. And again, the dudes a the gym were laughing at the little guy with the girly weights, or maybe it was my purple tights.

No comments: