Google

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Seasons Change, We Keep on Trudging

So over the last couple of years I have veered away from one of my true passions, skiing. Skiing was one of the main reasons for my relocation from Massachusetts to Colorado. But as time passed, my life direction shifted, swerved, skipped, hopped, skidded swayed and bounced all over the place. And about five years ago, things started back on the right track, and through all of the transitions and such skiing had been put on a shelf somewhere not to be touched. I began cycling to get my being back into some form of shape and that brought me down the street to competitive cycling. I had really begun to focus all of my energy and time to this venture and progressed quite a bit from where I had been a few years prior. Then last summer another shift took place. An amazing woman walked into my life and the universal forces began to shift again. My now wife, Cynthia, re introduced me to skiing this winter and the balancing act has begun. The energy I once focused on one thing, a singleness of purpose, has been spread out amongst many things, my wife, my work, skiing, and cycling, (fitness). I can finally say with sincerity, and confidence that I am truly happy and grateful for all that has gone on in my life, and everything that I have ahead of me. So where am I going with this? Well during a conversation last night, I bounced the idea of starting a new project. And to my astonishment Cynthia gave me full support regardless of the risk that would be involved with it. Now I don't know exactly how I am going to go about doing it, or if I can even complete it, but the seed has been planted, and watered. Now its time to see if this is the path I am to take.........

3 comments:

Yawkey Girl said...

Whoa, you never mentioned risk.... Is this the joining the circus conversattion we had...?

JT said...

No, one about becoming a Rodeo Clown, duh!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I am in the same boat as you are. I wandered away from skiing for a number of years, found my way to cycling, competitive cycling, and now the balance of family, skiing, and cycling. Given a choice between cycling and skiing, there is no choice - go deep.