Google

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Broken Critters

Yesterday was a good and bad day for critters in the Littles house hold. Good in that we did our part in helping control the pet population, and bad in that everyone took a trip to the Vet to get spay and neutered...
So why didn't I get them spay and neutered sooner? Well Zeus the dog was from a good breed of ranch dogs in Sedalia, and I thought about studding him out for a while. Ike the cat was a stray kitten I found in a bush in front of my old house in Castle Rock, and I just never did. Why now? Cyn and I will most likely be staying in her place in Denver for the next couple months. Her landlords have a couple of cats that are all "outdoor cats" and a cat door installed for them to roam about, so Ike had to get the spay for the move. Zeus was a bonus, I basically got a 2 for one deal in that I took them to Planned Pethood Plus, a local spay and neuter clinic in Denver. Most vets would have charged in the neighborhood of $400 just for the dog neuter, PPP charged around $240 for both when all was said and done.

So now the dog gets to sport the ultra sleek dish look while I am at work for the next 2 weeks. Absolutely no licking! With this rig on his head he can hear Cyn all the way in DC, which explains some of the random stuff he does.

Still not totally with it this morning

Poor dude slept all afternoon, evening and night. He still tried to follow me around the apartment though, I would find him laying in strange spots where he probably just crashed out.

The cat was the quietest she has ever been in the car. I haven't seen her since we got home from the vet, for all I know she may have run away for good after her first trip to the vet.

Check out the Clinic at: http://www.plannedpethoodplus.com/

No comments: